Greetings from the other side of the mission. That won't mean much to most of you, but it's quite exciting for me. Sisters have been strictly in the tidewater area of the mission for years, and it's only been five transfers since they started bringing them back into this side of the mission. There are now four sets of sisters on the Richmond side! It's really exciting. Our ward has not had sister missionaries in six or seven years! They say that they are really excited for the change!
It's a great ward! Our mission leader is so on top of things, and everyone is willing to help out with rides and exchanges. We've had several people offer to come help us clean our apartment too as we are taking over after years of Elders in the same apartment, and the Elders who left here did no cleaning before they left. Elders are disgusting! That is about all I have to say! Regardless, the work goes on, and we are doing our best to get to know the area! It's quite a challenge to be shotgunned into an area and to have been left with little information about whats been going on the last while. The elder that left here was mad to be leaving, and so he refused to give us information. Hopefully we will be able to learn fast! We've met a few of our investigators. One is 15 and her older sister was baptized about a month ago. She saw how much her sister had changed since starting to learn about the gospel, and she wanted to learn more and have that same happiness that her sister has felt. That is what the gospel is supposed to do for people, and that is the type of example that we are supposed to be to those around us! It is so wonderful to see when people really have been blessed by the lives of those around them, and when people really are living up to the covenants they made at baptism to be an example to the world of the Savior Jesus Christ! I love the gospel!
Another one of our investigators is Cambodian. She speaks almost no english, and her friend who introduced her to the church has to translate for us! We're trying to figure out how we can teach her effectively. She wants to get baptized, but she hasn't really had any of the lessons yet, so we have so much to teach her. Hopefully we will be able to get some of the pamphlets and things in Cambodian so that it will be easier to teach. I've heard though that the Cambodians like to feed the missionaries lots of good Cambodian food. I'm excited for that! I'm still hoping that I'll start to put on some weight while I'm out here. Not much luck yet, but I still have a good long time left yet!
The area is beautiful! This is the Virginia everyone was talking about when they talked about how beautiful it is out here! Norfolk was alright, but to be honest, it's not really any different than other places I've lived. It's not nearly as beautiful as it is up here! This area is so green and lush! I've never seen anything like it. There are no direct routes anywhere because of the water and the trees, but it means that to get anywhere in our area we get to view the beautiful scenery! I'm excited to experience fall here! The weather is definitely starting to cool off, and it's sometimes a little nippy when we go out to run in the morning. It shouldn't be too long before the trees start to change, and everything is in color!
my new companion is going to be great! We are learning to work together, and I think that we are going to have a lot of fun this transfer. I think that part of the way you can judge how well you are going to work together as companions is b how companion study goes in the morning. If you study well together, and have a lot that you can talk about and learn from each other, then I think it will be a great transfer. I don't know, I guess we'll see how this transfer actually pans out, but I'm confidant that it is going to be enjoyable, and that we will both have lots of opportunities to learn from each other! I think that it's going to be a time that I have to stretch myself which is so good for my growth! I'm grateful for this opportunity to strengthen my faith in Christ and my reliance on Him! Sometimes when we aren't challenged, it's easy to slip back into relying on ourselves and what we think we know. I'm grateful for new companions, and that we have so many sisters in this mission so that we can learn so many ways to view and teach things. We can learn so much from everyone we are around, but there is so much that we can learn from people that we have to be around 24/7. We should always find ways to learn and grow. Sister Ibey is going to be an amazing companion for me! I'm grateful that I get to serve with her! Though, since she is the last Sister from her MTC group for me to serve with, I have no idea what they are going to do for companions for me after this!
I love the Book of Mormon! I love the gospel of Christ! I cannot say how much my understanding of that, and my faith in Christ has increased since coming on my mission. I cannot think of a better way to learn about Him, and how we can be more like him. I hope that these experiences change my life forever! I'm thinking of so many things I want to do when I get home that will make me a better member missionary, and a better help to the missionaries who serve in the areas that I'm in! In that way, I'm excited for when I go home (even though it's so far away), and I don't imagine that it will be weird or awkward just because we should take the thigns that we learn here, and then apply them in our lives where ever we've come from!
If anyone wants it, my new addess is:
5832 Handel court
Richmond Virginia
23234
Yes, our address is actually in Richmond, but we aren't in inner city or anything, we're kind of out in the country a little bit. We've heard that there are only a few sketchy neighborhoods in our area, and one of them is where we live, so I'm not too worried. The place we live in doesn't seem too bad. I'm pretty sure that I saw worse in Norfolk :) I'm not worried about it.
Love you all!
Sister Boston
No comments:
Post a Comment