
This weekend was General conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the first time ever I actually had the opportunity to go up to Salt Lake for one of the sessions and watch it in the conference center. Sam and I went up this morning and stood in the stand-by line hoping that we could get in, but we were just short of making it in. Fortunately Sam's grandparents just live across the street from the conference so we went back to their place and watched it there. After, we had lunch and then Sam and I walked around Temple Square a bit. I was going to take some pictures, but my camera died. I was able to get one picture with my phone, but phones aren't really the best picture takers.
Sam's grandparents we super nice and gave us their tickets for the afternoon session so that we wouldn't have to worry about standing in the stand-by line. This was incredibly generous of them especially considering that they were about the best tickets you can get. we were in the missionary section, and only about 11 rows back from the front. Really, it was awesome! The spirit really is strong in the conference center. I don't know if I'd go up there every time, but it was definitely worth doing once, and I felt like it was a great conclusion to my already fantastic week.
The protesters were also a great source of entertainment to me. I find it highly amusing that they protest so vehemently something they know so little about. The ones using doctrine that we actually teach ourselves were the most entertaining. I also enjoyed the groups of Latter-day saints that would stand next to them and sing hymns. All highly amusing! Life is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment