
On road trips when you were little, did you ever count the mile markers... just waiting in anticipation for where ever you were going? Then, you'd get distracted, and before you knew it, 50 miles had just disappeared and, suddenly you were almost there. Well, that is about how I've been feeling about my mission. I spent months working on my papers, trying to convince doctors to let me go, getting dental work done, waiting on the bishop and stake president. Months where I diligently checked off every mile marker, celebrated every step. Then I finally got my papers in, and the news from my bishop that my call was on it's way, and those mile markers started coming a lot faster.... Finals and work converged on me, to completely engulf my time and energies... now I only have a month left!!
I can't believe how fast the mission is coming. It seems like every time I turn around, I'm checking off another mile marker to being gone. This last Sunday I gave my "farewell" talk in my ward up here at BYU. I'm not really sure if you can call it a farewell talk since I'm not leaving for another month, but it was the last Sunday of the semester and my topic was missionary work. I think my bishop was thrilled that I've finally let him tell people that I'm leaving. I swore him to secrecy while I was working on my paper, and then he was gone from the time my papers went in til I got my call. Kind of fun for me, but I think it almost killed him.
I've also just finished my last finals!!! They seemed to go pretty well. The only one I don't know my score on is my chem final, and I'm not sure I want to know how I did on that. None of it really seems to matter though. I'm not going back to school for at least another 18 months, so I have 18 months before I need to worry about grades again. I'm going to put school in a file cabinet, and leave it there til it needs to come out again.
On that happy note, I'm going out to celebrate!... til I start to panic again about how soon I'm leaving and how much I have to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment