Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love in the Fitting Room?

UPDATE:

The guy's name is Dane, he is an English major at BYU, and we are meeting for lunch on Friday. He also feels really bad for creeping me out when he asked on Monday. This should be interesting.... I guess it will be an adventure.




I thought I'd post this on here since I cannot share it with the person I typically would have shared it with first, and who would have laughed at and harassed me for it.This is something that he used to tease me about all the time, but last night it finally happened. A
customer in the fitting room asked me out on a date...

After two and a half years at old navy, I thought I'd seen it all... At least all of it that I would see. I've seen all kinds of things, I've seen co-workers hit on, I've seen co-workers swoon over customers. I've even heard stories about customers in the fitting room asking co-workers out on dates, but I never imagined that I'd be the one on the receiving end of a question like that. I'm not the super friendly, flirty customer service person. I try to be happy, hospitable and do my job to the best of my ability, but it's just not in my nature to be overly forward. It's not even really in my nature to be interested in ogling over a guy I don't even know. So when the question came last night it completely caught me off guard. The first thing I thought about was how funny Jake would think it was.

Thinking about it, I'm not really sure if I should feel flattered or creeped out. I guess it is Happy Valley Utah, but I guess I'm just terrified of dating, especially of dating a guy I don't even know. It was definitely worth a bit of a laugh though. Even if there was no one to share the laugh with. I guess it is getting close to valentines day... maybe that explains it.

5 comments:

counter