Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Weekend With My Dad and Other Updates.

Well, I've been on hiatus for a few days because my dad has been in town to cheer me up, and I was trying to spend as much time with him as possible while he was here. It was great to be able to spend some time with him. While he's been working at Disneyland, I haven't been able to see him much during my last several trips back to California. If only we hadn't had to schedule all our activities around my school and work schedule!

Mostly we spent our time watching the Olympics and touring Provo. It was a lot of fun to hear about what Provo and BYU were like back in the day... when he lived here. I can only imagine how different it will be in another 25 years or so when I have the chance to come back.... but in order for that to happen, I'll have to leave sometime. We also took a trip up to Heber to eat at the restaurant with the train. Neither of us had been there before, but I think that the conclusion was: good food, cool train and LOTS of people. In addition, I saw people ice fishing in real life! Weekend made. I can't think of a better way to spend my weekend than with my dad, and I'm looking forward to seeing my parents again next month! Maybe next time I'll have pictures... I don't get many of those on this blog.

As far as other updates... It would be too much of a pain to post updates for everything individually so I'm just going to put those here.

Paper Update

I finally met with a dentist yesterday and got my teeth cleaned. The appointment was long overdue... it's been nearly 6 years since the last time I saw a dentist. I go back next Thursday to have all my wisdom removed, so look for updates on that. It should be interesting to do that in the middle of the semester, but hopefully it won't be that bad!

Mr. Fitting Room

Poor guy probably would never have contacted me again if he'd known that was the nickname dubbed him by my dear family, but nonetheless, I got a text from him tonight, and a request to call me later tonight, so we'll see what that brings. I'm not expecting anything from it since my papers are nearly in, but he is a nice guy.

STAY TUNED!

3 comments:

  1. When are you coming out this way? Oh and I got my wisdom teeth out in the middle of two different semesters. You should be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not coming out there. Your teeth didn't require surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will do fine. And then it will be over. Last step to get everything finalized.

    ReplyDelete

counter