Hi Everyone, I'm going to send the big email, and then I'll respond to individual emails if I have time. Because email time is so limited though, I might not have enough time to get to everyone. It might be better for most people to write me letters because I'll have much more time to respond to letters.
The MTC is wonderful. I can't believe how fast it's going. We got our flight iteneraries a few days ago, and I still can't believe I'm leaving next week. It feels like I haven't been here nearly long enough, but at the same time, it feels like I've lived here forever. I can hardly remember what life was like before the MTC. It feels like I've known my companion and all my district all my life. The Spirit is so strong here, and we are learning so much! I'm excited though to get out to Virginia and actually see the Lord's hand at work among his children.
My companion is wonderful!! Her name is sister Niemela and she is from Mapleton. This is the longest she has ever gone without going home, but she is handling it very well. She is the oldest, and gets some of the cutest packages from her little siblings. maybe if I'm lucky I'll get little X-man to send me a package for my birthday... She is pretty much the epotime of Utah mormon, but in a good way. We are both kinda quiet people, and like to stay focused so we work well together. I don't think I could have a better MTC companion. She doesn't have much experience sharing the gospel, so I have been able to help her feel comfortable with that, and her sweet tender spirit really lifts me too. We both have so much that we can learn and grow from each other. The other sisters in my district are great as well. We're all roommates, so we are getting to know eachother pretty well. We have great Elders also. I think because we are part of the Pilot program, we have the best of the best. I only get irritated with some of them for occasionally acting like 19 year olds. Much better than I expected for sure!! Most of our district is going to virginia. We have 10 in the district, and 8 of us are going to the same mission, and then two are going to Everett washington. There is also another district with Richmond Missionaries. I think there are close to 15 of us altogether. It will be an exciting time, espeically because we are all in this pilot program! The pilot program is so exciting! I'm very blessed to be a part of it (only 3 districts, so 30 missionaries) were chosen. They really are teaching the way that I learn best, and I feel like I'm going to be so well prepared to go out into the field to teach. We are getting a lot of mock teaching experience. We have 4 "investigators" right now, and we teach at least once a day. They are also focusing on getting us to rely on the spirit, ang how the investigator is receiving Christ, as opposed to how well we are teaching, or what we are doing right or wrong. It's really amazing!! I think that it will help me so much when I get to Virginia next week, and like I said, I'm sooo excited!!!!
I'm sorry if I'm repeating stuff from last week, I can't rememvber what I wrote, and with the limited time, I don't want to go back and read.
I don't really miss the real world at all. I'm surprised how little I miss it. There are times where I think about texting home, or something, but I don't really miss anything. I don't miss my phone, or even being able to wear pants!! I never thought I'd say that. Even Nylons are bearable so far... but it hasn't really gotten hot yet, so we'll see if that opinion lasts. Who knows, I might just come home a changed person!! I think though that I'll be happy to switch back to pants when the time comes.
I have some favors to ask before I end this email. I have a letter I need to get to Peter and Alicia, but I don't have their address, if someone could get that for me.... or they will probably read this on my blog so... Peter, Alicia... write me because I don't have your address.
Also. Someone needs to bug Chad for me because I haven't gotten a wedding announcement yet, and I think I might cry from disappointment... not really, but you don't have to tell him that. It's the only piece of mail I'm actually expecting in the MTC, and so I'd be really excited to get that. Kelsey, I put you in charge of that.... PS. You were supposed to write me every week...what happened? Did you get a boyfriend? You know you have to get my approval before you get married. Send me a picture or something!!!
I hope things are going well for everyone! I'm sorry that this isn't long, but I love you all (everyone that reads my blog as well as my family!!) This is a great work, thank you all for supporting me! Hope to hear from you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment