All students look forward to college life... I mean, what isn't to love about it. You get to pay to go to school, or not go to school as it is your choice to go to class or not. You get to pay for each of your 100 plus dollar text books. Pay to live. Pay to eat. If you want to do something social, that often involves money too.
Remind me again why we thought high school was so bad??
But best of all, the college experience is not complete without roommates! Roommates, like everything else in life come in all varieties. Quiet. Loud. Nice. Annoying. considerate. Disrespectful. Soon to be best friends. The ones who just want to get married. The ones that are getting married. The ones you wish would just get married because you don't want to live with them anymore. Molly. The opposite of molly. Vegan. Meat eaters. Well, you get the picture.
Having now lived with twenty-two girls in six apartments at three different colleges, I have experienced just about every type of roommate listed above. I believe I can honestly say that roommates make a world of difference in the experience one has at college. And while I can say that having roommates has been exciting, fun, and worth it, I also have no fear saying that in many ways I look forward to graduating, so I can have things in my house the way I want them to be.
Now, don't start thinking I'm anti college or anything. I wouldn't change my experiences for anything... not even the trying to transfer college credits from three different colleges... though I don't recommend it. I love college, and all the experiences I've had. There are just some that I think I could handle being done having. Of course, I still have two years ( and who knows how many more roommates) before I'm done with my undergrad, and another three years grad work, so perhaps I shouldn't be looking too far in the future yet. But someday I will control my own kitchen!
so are you counting me in the list?
ReplyDelete