Monday, November 5, 2012

Anywhere in the World

I've recently had a thought.  This semester is in rapid descent.  The middle of the semester somehow came and went without my even noticing.  The middle of my LAST semester as an undergrad.  I think we're down to something like 5 weeks left of classes.  Five weeks of mind numbing lectures and ulcer producing papers.  And then finals.  My last five finals.  The end of sitting for hours on end in the testing center, searching out the best seat (because we all know that the seat one chooses in the testing center is the biggest factor in how well one does on their test).  No more driving to Provo for classes.  No more spending hours and hours in the Smith Fieldhouse.  No more papers.  No more assignments.  No more laps in the RB pool.  I was thinking about all these things, and how strange it would be. 

And then it hit me. . . .

I COULD GO ANYWHERE!!

In all honesty though, the idea of ANYWHERE is a tad on the daunting side.  How do you choose something when your choices are ANYTHING?  All of a sudden the reality of the vastness of the world set in.  It's easy to forget sometimes when you live in Utah.  I'm pretty sure that six degrees of separation in Utah is really two.  Everyone knows someone somehow.  It's actually kind of creepy sometimes. 

I've always liked the idea of taking a map, throwing a dart at it and moving where ever the dart ends up.  I still may do this, however, there are some things that are must haves as far as the place that I end up, so I sat down and started to make a list of the most important things.  Here is my list so far:

1.  Red Fire Trucks

Beauty isn't it?  I may or may not have been guilty of firetruck chasing on the day this picture was taken.
So my friends, in an effort to narrow the scope of ANYWHERE just a little, I ask you, what color are the fire trucks where you live? 

3 comments:

  1. In town they are white and blue. On base they are red. A town in which you and Toby could both be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, loud, and annoyingly frequent, though not as frequent as the ambulances.

    ReplyDelete

counter