Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Projecting


Well, it took a month and a half, but I've finally had the chance to start putting my LA trip yarn to use. It's about time something good came of my trip down there, so I'm really excited to see these socks reach completion. The picture isn't the greatest, but it's a fun sock, beautiful yarn, fun pattern and quick knit... one week so far.

I have a few other projects I've been working on since my LA trip, but I had to post pictures of this one because it is a bit of a monumental project. Several years ago my mom received a sock knitting book as a gift from Jeanine. I was still knitting my first few projects and very much in the novice stages of knitting, but I saw the sock book and decided then and there that I was going to someday knit a pair of socks from that book.... though I had yet to dare try a sock. Several years and three pairs of socks later, I have finally pulled the book out and ventured to try a pattern! Had I known how easy they were, I would have tried earlier! Thanks Jeanine for providing me with the pattern for my fourth pair of socks!

I guess I should also thank Dr. LA for providing me with an excuse to visit LA and thus purchase this amazing yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter